November 18, 2015 | 12:19 PM – 6:00 PM
The Detroit Artists Market (DAM) is pleased to host the 2016 Scholarship and Exhibition Program. This year’s scholarship and exhibition program will commemorate and celebrate the diversity and achievements of Wayne State University (WSU) James P. Duffy Department of Art and Art History.
DAM would like to invite all currently enrolled WSU sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students from the James P. Duffy Department of Art and Art History, including ceramics, design, fibers, metals, painting, photography, print media and sculpture to apply for the John F. Korachis Annual Scholarship and Exhibition Program. Three scholarships will be awarded to select students exhibiting masterful execution of concept, design and media expertise. All the scholarship finalists will be invited to exhibit their juried work, along with select WSU alumni and faculty at the DAM during this year’s Wayne State University scholarship exhibition.
All currently enrolled WSU sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students are encouraged to submit this call for entry along with images of their work and supporting documents to DAM by: January 6, 2016.
• Complete all parts of the application form.
• Submit a disc or flash drive with up to 20 digital images representing the scope of your work.
• Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD. JPEG format files are preferred.
• Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
• Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows:
• Entry number_Name_art title.jpeg
• Include a printed reference sheet with thumbnails of images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each submission.
• Submit an artist statement.
• Label the CD or flash drive with the artist’s name and mailing address.
• Application form, disc or flash drive, reference sheet submitted to DAM no later than Jan 6, 2016.
• Students must be currently enrolled sophomores, juniors, seniors or graduate students WSU.
• All work must be original, no substitutions or copies will be accepted from the original juried work.
• All work must be for sale.
• 2-D work must be mounted and/or framed with hanging mechanism and ready for installation.
• 3-D work must be delivered with all hardware and instructions necessary for installation.
• DAM reserves the right to disqualify work that does not meet the requirements listed above and/or gallery regulations.
January 6, 2016 Call for Entry is Due
(along with each applicant’s brief artist’s statement)
January 14, 2016 Notification Mailed to Applicant
Jan – Feb, 2016 Studio Visits
February 23 – 27, 2016 Work Drop Off
Friday, March 4, 2016 Opening Reception
March 4 – April 9, 2016 WSU Scholarship
Exhibition is open
April 12 - 16, 2016 Work Pick-Up
Tues - Sat only
NO EMAIL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Images and supporting documents will be reviewed and juried by the Scholarship Committee. The committee will select participants and scholarship recipients based on each applicant’s masterful execution of concept, design and media expertise. The Scholarship Committee will also visit each finalist’s studio.
DAM retains 1/3 (33.33%) commission. Michigan sales tax is collected and submitted. Payments to artists will be no later than 30 days after the closing of the exhibition.
DAM is acting solely as a representative of the owner, and neither its staff nor its trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives or members shall be liable for loss or damage to works of art on the premises or transit (or those works of art that may be exhibited elsewhere within the sole discretion and under the control of DAM) due to fire, theft, negligence or any other cause. DAM may at its option maintain such insurance coverage as it deems appropriate, but it shall have no obligation to do so.
Students are encouraged to volunteer at DAM. If you are interested in volunteering please call the DAM at 313-832-8540.
Delivery and Pick-Up
All selected artwork must be delivered during the scheduled drop off dates by hand or by mail. All work must be picked up during scheduled pick up dates or if shipped, the appropriate shipping container and postage must be delivered to the DAM before the end of the exhibition. Art work left after the scheduled pick up date will become property of the DAM.
For more information please contact:
Dalia Reyes, Exhibitions & Events Manager