February 26, 2016 | 5:59 PM – 6:00 PM
The Detroit Artists Market is pleased to announce this CALL FOR ENTRY to artists to submit work for consideration for the Biennial All Media Exhibition, held at the DAM. Entries are due by March 19, 2016. Opening on April 29th, 2016, this show will feature a wide array of work by area artists. Our guest juror this year is MaryAnn Wilkinson, Exhibitions Director at Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning; and Adjunct Curator of Modern Art, University of Michigan Museum of Art.
• Artists may submit up to two entries.
• Entries will be juried by digital images in JPEG format submitted on a disc or flash drive.
• One image for each 2-dimensional artwork and up to three images for each 3-dimensional artwork may be submitted.
• All images must be of professional quality.
• Entry form, payment and disc or flash drive mailed or delivered to DAM at 4719 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201 by March 19th, 2016
• Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD or flash drive. JPEG format files are preferred.
• Keep files to a maximum size of 1.5MB, and 300 dpi.
• Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows: Entrynumber_ArtistName_Title.jpeg (A-B).jpeg
• Include a reference sheet with thumbnails of images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each submission.
• Label the CD or flash drive with the artist’s name.
A non-refundable entry fee entitles each artist to submit two artworks. The fee is $10 for DAM members. Entry with Artists membership fee (good for 1 year) is $45. Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted. Please make all checks payable to the Detroit Artists Market.
Artwork must be prepared in a professional manner for installation; wired and ready to hang or displayed. For 2-dimensional art please attach an artwork information label on the back of the piece. The juror reserves the right to remove any artwork not accurately represented by submitted digital images.
Deadline for exhibition entries
March 19, 2016
Jury results mailed to artists
Artwork Drop Off. Deliver to DAM
April 19th — 23rd
Exhibition Opening and Reception
Friday, April 29th
Exhibition closes - final day
Friday, May 28th
Pick-up unsold exhibited artwork
May 31st — June 4th
This all-media exhibition is open to all Michigan residents 18 and older. Artists may submit a maximum of two entries in any media created within the last two years. Works submitted
must not have been previously shown at the Detroit Artists Market. All works submitted must be available for sale.
Delivery and Pick-Up
Works may be hand delivered or shipped. If shipping, the artist is responsible for complying with all regulations pertaining to works of art. Artists must make arrangements for return shipping and cover all expenses. All works must be delivered and picked up on the dates specified in the calendar.
Every precaution will be taken to assure protection of the work; however the Detroit Artists Market is not responsible for loss or damage.
Juror – MaryAnn Wilkinson
MaryAnn Wilkinson holds two positions at the University of Michigan: Exhibitions Director at Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning; and Adjunct Curator of Modern Art, University of Michigan Museum of Art. She joined Taubman College in 2011 as the first exhibitions professional in the College’s history; her position is nearly unique among the nation’s architecture schools. She is charged with the creative development of an exhibition program for the College’s two galleries, one in the College building on North Campus and an alternative space in downtown Ann Arbor. She organizes more than ten exhibitions in a calendar year, ranging from architecture methodology to the blurry distinction between architecture and sculpture. As a consulting curator to UMMA, she advises on acquisitions and other issues regarding the modern art collection and recently organized an exhibition to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Heidelberg Project.
• Best of Show, $500
• Second Place, $200
• Third Place, $100
• Two Honorable Mentions
Submitting an entry to this competition shall constitute the agreement with all conditions in this prospectus. The Detroit Artists Market reserves the right to reproduce accepted entries for publicity purposes.
DAM retains 1/3 (33.33%) commission for staffing, processing and making sales. Michigan sales tax is collected and submitted. Payments to artists will be no later than 30 days after the closing of the exhibition.
Submissions Due March 19, 2016