March 25, 2013 | 6:07 PM – 6:00 PM
The Garden Party & Sale is a DAM tradition from our earliest years. It is a four hour art sale event, hosted outdoors at a local home. It offers our members a memorable event in a beautiful garden setting. CLICK HERE to get your Call For Entry Form or download the attached document to the right. Submissions are due April 26, 2013.
Garden Sale Calendar
April 26, 2013 - Postmark deadline for entries
May 10, 2013 - Jury results mailed to artists
June 14, 15, and 18th - participating artists only - artwork delivered to DAM (please call us at 313/832-8540 if you have special circumstances)
Thursday, June 20, 2013 - confirmed - Garden Party & Art Sale
Artwork must be prepared in a professional manner for display. 2–D work will be displayed on easels and therefore can be no larger than 24” x 36”. DAM reserve the right to remove any artwork not accurately represented by submitted digital images.
· Complete all parts of the application form.
· Submit a disc or flashdrive with up to 12 digital images representing the scope of your work.
· Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows compatible CD. JPEG format files are preferred.
· Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
· Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows: Name_art title_entry letter (A-L).jpeg
· Include a reference sheet with thumbnails of images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each submission.
· Label the CD with the artist’s name and mailing address.
The DAM retains 1/3rd (33.33%) commission on all sales. Payments to artists will be no later than 30 days after the event.
Our volunteer team is a vital part of making the Garden Sale a success! Please consider volunteering for this event. Jobs include: unpacking and set up of artwork, registration, sales, wrapping, tear-down and repacking of artwork.
The Garden Party & Art Sale is open to all DAM members 18 years and over. New and innovative work is strongly encouraged from all participating artists. Only original works accepted. No commercial kits, prefabricated models, hobby crafts, or green ware. All prints submitted for jury must be from originals only. DAM reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of work juried.
Every precaution will be taken to assure protection of the work; however Detroit Artists Market is not responsible for loss or damage.
The DAM Garden Party & Art Sale is a benefit of membership. In order to be an exhibiting artist your membership must be current. If not a member please see below for the list of memberships cost. Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted. Please make all checks payable to the Detroit Artists Market.
Circle of Art Membership—$250
Dalia Reyes, Programs Manager
Detroit Artists Market
4719 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201