April 03, 2014 - May 03, 2014
The Garden Party & Art Sale is a DAM tradition from our earliest years. It is a four hour art sale event, hosted outdoors. It offers our members a memorable event in a beautiful setting.
Garden Sale Calendar
April 26, 2014 - Postmark Deadline for entries EXTENDED until Saturday, May 3rd, 2014
May 10, 2014 - Jury results mailed to artists via USPS
June 19, 2014 - Garden Party & Art Sale (Josephine F. Ford Sculpture Garden at the College for Creative Studies)
Click here "Download Press Release" or click here: http://goo.gl/MNRlJH
Artwork must be prepared in a professional manner for display. 2D work will be dis-played on easels and therefore can be no larger than 24” x 36”. DAM reserves the right to remove any artwork not accurately represented by submitted digital images.
DAM retains 1/3rd (33.33%) commission on all sales. Payments to artists will be no later than 30 days after the event.
The Garden Party & Art Sale is open to all DAM members 18 years and over. Only original works accepted. No commercial kits, prefabricated models, hobby crafts, or green ware. All images submitted for jury review must be from originals only. New and innovative work is encouraged. DAM
reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not
representative of work juried.
Every precaution will be taken to assure protection of the work; however Detroit Artists Market is not responsible for loss or damage.
· Complete all sections of the Entry Form (page 2)
· Submit a disc or flash drive with up to 12 digital im-ages (A - L) representing the scope of your work.
· Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows compatible CD or flash drive. JPEG format files are preferred.
· Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
· Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks.File names need to be as follows:Name_Title_Entry Letter ( A - L ).jpeg
· Include a reference sheet with color thumbnail im-ages, dimensions, medium and retail price of each submission.
· Label the CD or flash drive with the artist’s name.
The DAM Garden Party & Art Sale is a benefit of mem-bership. You must be a DAM member in order to partici-pate in the Garden Party & Art Sale. If not a member, please see below for the list of membership costs. The Artist Membership will be appropriate for an exhibiting artist. Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted. Please make all checks payable to the Detroit Artists Market.
Circle of Art Membership—$250
Dalia Reyes, Programs Manager