Posted on August 25, 2015 at 12:56
2015 DAM ART FOR THE HOLIDAYS CALL FOR ENTRIES
September 19th, 2015 6PM
The DAM Art For The Holidays exhibition is a one-of-a-kind shopping experience for all! The gallery transforms from a fine art exhibition space to a fun, energetic gift market featuring artwork and hand-made items by local artists offering a wide range of mediums, products and price points. Art For The Holidays shoppers and collectors will enjoy buying original artwork and gifts, while supporting the thriving and vital Detroit arts community.
Art For The Holidays runs Nov. 6th - Dec. 30th, 2015
Art For The Holidays is open to all current DAM Artist Members. Only original works are accepted. No commercial kits, prefabricated models, hobby crafts, or green ware. Any prints submitted for jury review must be from originals only. DAM reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of work submitted for jury review. DAM reserves the right to control artist inventory for an appropriate mix of work during the run of the show. As this is a cash-and-carry show; no large scale works, nor 2D works over 24 inches. Most priced under $500 retail.
The DAM retains 1/3rd (33.33%) commission on all sales. Payments to artists will be mailed no later than January 31, 2016.
- Complete all parts of the application form.
- Submit a disc or flash drive with up to 10 digital images representing the scope of your work. Label the CD or flash drive with the artist's name.
- Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD or flash drive. JPEG format files are preferred.
Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
- Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows: EntryNumber_Artist Name_Title.jpeg
- INCLUDE A PRINTED REFERENCE SHEET with thumbnail images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each entry.
- Application form, disc or flash drive, reference sheet, and payment are to be submitted to DAM no later than Sept. 19, 2015.
NO EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED
- September 19th: Entry due
- October 2nd: Jury results mailed
- October 20-24th: Artwork DROP OFF at DAM
- Friday, November 6th: Art For The Holidays opens with "First Grabs Friday" Reception
- December 30th: Art For The Holidays closes
- January 2nd; 5th-9th, 2016: Unsold artwork PICK UP 11am-6pm at DAM
Your 10 submitted images will be viewed and compared consecutively with all applicants within the medium. The jury process is anonymous and comprised of artists, educators, gallery professionals and board representatives. Artists will be notified in writing after October 1st.
If you wish to have your CD or flash drive returned to you, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Images of accepted work may be used by DAM for publicity during the Art For The Holidays show.
JURY FEE & MEMBERSHIP
Enclose a non-refundable jury fee of $10 ( plus a $35 Artist-level membership fee if you are not a current member). Checks payable to Detroit Artists Market. All major credit cards accepted.
Mail ( or drop off ) completed application to:
Detroit Artists Market
ATTN: Dalia Reyes - AFTH 2015
4719 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201