Posted on November 27, 2015 at 11:42
We are open for business! Come shop Art for the Holidays for your favorite piece of are for that special someone.
Posted on November 25, 2015 at 4:35
Please note the DAM will be closed on Thursday November 26, for Thanksgiving Day and will be open on Friday and Saturday during regular gallery hours: 11AM - 6PM.
Posted on November 07, 2015 at 4:44
The Detroit Artists Market (DAM) is pleased to host the 2016 Scholarship and Exhibition Program. This year’s scholarship and exhibition program will commemorate and celebrate the diversity and achievements of Wayne State University (WSU) James P. Duffy Department of Art and Art History.
DAM would like to invite all currently enrolled WSU sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students from the James P. Duffy Department of Art and Art History, including ceramics, design, fibers, metals, painting, photography, print media and sculpture to apply for the John F. Korachis Annual Scholarship and Exhibition Program. Three scholarships will be awarded to select students exhibiting masterful execution of concept, design and media expertise. All the scholarship finalists will be invited to exhibit their juried work, along with select WSU alumni and faculty at the DAM during this year’s Wayne State University scholarship exhibition.
All currently enrolled WSU sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students are encouraged to submit this call for entry along with images of their work and supporting documents to DAM by: January 6, 2016.
• Complete all parts of the application form.
• Submit a disc or flash drive with up to 20 digital images representing the scope of your work.
• Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD. JPEG format files are preferred.
• Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
• Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows:
• Entry number_Name_art title.jpeg
• Include a printed reference sheet with thumbnails of images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each submission.
• Submit an artist statement.
• Label the CD or flash drive with the artist’s name and mailing address.
• Application form, disc or flash drive, reference sheet submitted to DAM no later than Jan 6, 2016.
• Students must be currently enrolled sophomores, juniors, seniors or graduate students WSU.
• All work must be original, no substitutions or copies will be accepted from the original juried work.
• All work must be for sale.
• 2-D work must be mounted and/or framed with hanging mechanism and ready for installation.
• 3-D work must be delivered with all hardware and instructions necessary for installation.
• DAM reserves the right to disqualify work that does not meet the requirements listed above and/or gallery regulations.
January 6, 2016 Call for Entry is Due
(along with each applicant’s brief artist’s statement)
January 14, 2016 Notification Mailed to Applicant
Jan – Feb, 2016 Studio Visits
February 23 – 27, 2016 Work Drop Off
Friday, March 4, 2016 Opening Reception
March 4 – April 9, 2016 WSU Scholarship
Exhibition is open
April 12 - 16, 2016 Work Pick-Up
Tues - Sat only
NO EMAIL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Images and supporting documents will be reviewed and juried by the Scholarship Committee. The committee will select participants and scholarship recipients based on each applicant’s masterful execution of concept, design and media expertise. The Scholarship Committee will also visit each finalist’s studio.
DAM retains 1/3 (33.33%) commission. Michigan sales tax is collected and submitted. Payments to artists will be no later than 30 days after the closing of the exhibition.
DAM is acting solely as a representative of the owner, and neither its staff nor its trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives or members shall be liable for loss or damage to works of art on the premises or transit (or those works of art that may be exhibited elsewhere within the sole discretion and under the control of DAM) due to fire, theft, negligence or any other cause. DAM may at its option maintain such insurance coverage as it deems appropriate, but it shall have no obligation to do so.
Students are encouraged to volunteer at DAM. If you are interested in volunteering please call the DAM at 313-832-8540.
Delivery and Pick-Up
All selected artwork must be delivered during the scheduled drop off dates by hand or by mail. All work must be picked up during scheduled pick up dates or if shipped, the appropriate shipping container and postage must be delivered to the DAM before the end of the exhibition. Art work left after the scheduled pick up date will become property of the DAM.
For more information please contact:
Dalia Reyes, Exhibitions & Events Manager
Posted on October 21, 2015 at 10:07
Please Note: The DAM is currently in-between exhhibitions and is closed to the public as we prepare for the Art For The Holidays exhibition and the opening reception, "First Grabs Friday" Nov. 6th at 5PM. RSVP "First Grabs" through Eventbrite Here
Posted on August 25, 2015 at 12:56
2015 DAM ART FOR THE HOLIDAYS CALL FOR ENTRIES
September 19th, 2015 6PM
The DAM Art For The Holidays exhibition is a one-of-a-kind shopping experience for all! The gallery transforms from a fine art exhibition space to a fun, energetic gift market featuring artwork and hand-made items by local artists offering a wide range of mediums, products and price points. Art For The Holidays shoppers and collectors will enjoy buying original artwork and gifts, while supporting the thriving and vital Detroit arts community.
Art For The Holidays runs Nov. 6th - Dec. 30th, 2015
Art For The Holidays is open to all current DAM Artist Members. Only original works are accepted. No commercial kits, prefabricated models, hobby crafts, or green ware. Any prints submitted for jury review must be from originals only. DAM reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of work submitted for jury review. DAM reserves the right to control artist inventory for an appropriate mix of work during the run of the show. As this is a cash-and-carry show; no large scale works, nor 2D works over 24 inches. Most priced under $500 retail.
The DAM retains 1/3rd (33.33%) commission on all sales. Payments to artists will be mailed no later than January 31, 2016.
- Complete all parts of the application form.
- Submit a disc or flash drive with up to 10 digital images representing the scope of your work. Label the CD or flash drive with the artist's name.
- Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD or flash drive. JPEG format files are preferred.
Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
- Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows: EntryNumber_Artist Name_Title.jpeg
- INCLUDE A PRINTED REFERENCE SHEET with thumbnail images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each entry.
- Application form, disc or flash drive, reference sheet, and payment are to be submitted to DAM no later than Sept. 19, 2015.
NO EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED
- September 19th: Entry due
- October 2nd: Jury results mailed
- October 20-24th: Artwork DROP OFF at DAM
- Friday, November 6th: Art For The Holidays opens with "First Grabs Friday" Reception
- December 30th: Art For The Holidays closes
- January 2nd; 5th-9th, 2016: Unsold artwork PICK UP 11am-6pm at DAM
Your 10 submitted images will be viewed and compared consecutively with all applicants within the medium. The jury process is anonymous and comprised of artists, educators, gallery professionals and board representatives. Artists will be notified in writing after October 1st.
If you wish to have your CD or flash drive returned to you, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Images of accepted work may be used by DAM for publicity during the Art For The Holidays show.
JURY FEE & MEMBERSHIP
Enclose a non-refundable jury fee of $10 ( plus a $35 Artist-level membership fee if you are not a current member). Checks payable to Detroit Artists Market. All major credit cards accepted.
Mail ( or drop off ) completed application to:
Detroit Artists Market
ATTN: Dalia Reyes - AFTH 2015
4719 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201