Posted on August 25, 2015 at 12:56
2015 DAM ART FOR THE HOLIDAYS CALL FOR ENTRIES
September 19th, 2015 6PM
The DAM Art For The Holidays exhibition is a one-of-a-kind shopping experience for all! The gallery transforms from a fine art exhibition space to a fun, energetic gift market featuring artwork and hand-made items by local artists offering a wide range of mediums, products and price points. Art For The Holidays shoppers and collectors will enjoy buying original artwork and gifts, while supporting the thriving and vital Detroit arts community.
Art For The Holidays runs Nov. 6th - Dec. 30th, 2015
Art For The Holidays is open to all current DAM Artist Members. Only original works are accepted. No commercial kits, prefabricated models, hobby crafts, or green ware. Any prints submitted for jury review must be from originals only. DAM reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of work submitted for jury review. DAM reserves the right to control artist inventory for an appropriate mix of work during the run of the show. As this is a cash-and-carry show; no large scale works, nor 2D works over 24 inches. Most priced under $500 retail.
The DAM retains 1/3rd (33.33%) commission on all sales. Payments to artists will be mailed no later than January 31, 2016.
- Complete all parts of the application form.
- Submit a disc or flash drive with up to 10 digital images representing the scope of your work. Label the CD or flash drive with the artist's name.
- Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD or flash drive. JPEG format files are preferred.
Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
- Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows: EntryNumber_Artist Name_Title.jpeg
- INCLUDE A PRINTED REFERENCE SHEET with thumbnail images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each entry.
- Application form, disc or flash drive, reference sheet, and payment are to be submitted to DAM no later than Sept. 19, 2015.
NO EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED
- September 19th: Entry due
- October 2nd: Jury results mailed
- October 20-24th: Artwork DROP OFF at DAM
- Friday, November 6th: Art For The Holidays opens with "First Grabs Friday" Reception
- December 30th: Art For The Holidays closes
- January 2nd; 5th-9th, 2016: Unsold artwork PICK UP 11am-6pm at DAM
Your 10 submitted images will be viewed and compared consecutively with all applicants within the medium. The jury process is anonymous and comprised of artists, educators, gallery professionals and board representatives. Artists will be notified in writing after October 1st.
If you wish to have your CD or flash drive returned to you, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Images of accepted work may be used by DAM for publicity during the Art For The Holidays show.
JURY FEE & MEMBERSHIP
Enclose a non-refundable jury fee of $10 ( plus a $35 Artist-level membership fee if you are not a current member). Checks payable to Detroit Artists Market. All major credit cards accepted.
Mail ( or drop off ) completed application to:
Detroit Artists Market
ATTN: Dalia Reyes - AFTH 2015
4719 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
Posted on August 14, 2015 at 2:13
Join us for the DAM Annual Meeting...
Mingle with other members, donors, artists,volunteers and friends. Toast our successes of the past year, and get a sneak peek at next year's line up of exhibitions and events.
Thursday, August 20th, 2015
6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Detroit Artists Market
4719 Woodward Ave., Detroit MI 48201
THANK YOU for all you do to make the Detroit Artists Market
such a special, dynamic contemporary arts organization!
RSVP at: http://goo.gl/pBVEDG
Posted on June 26, 2015 at 2:26
We are happy to announce the Ladder 12 Art Auction: DAM Gala 1, a first-of-a-kind fundraiser to support our mission. We greatly appreciate your support for this new DAM tradition. Please review the sponsorship options, and we hope that you can join us on Saturday, October 3, 7-11 p.m. at the historic Ladder Company #12 fire station in Corktown.
Ladder 12 Art Auction: DAM Gala 1 revolves around a special art exhibition that honors DAM’s history of supporting artists at different stages of their careers. We have paired together some of Detroit’s most regarded established artists with some of its most talented emerging artists. Teams of two will combine aesthetics and collaborate to create original works of art for a one-night exhibition. We are honored to have WDIV news anchor Devin Scillian as our guest auctioneer. Mr Scillian will auction off works of art, and the proceeds will benefit the artists, in addition to supporting DAM.
The Ladder 12 Art Auction makes creative use of this unique location by splitting the night’s entertainment between a festive outdoor space and the interior of a classic ladder company, where for more than 70 years Detroit firefighters were at the ready. The event will include a strolling supper with a selection of hors-d’oeuvres and signature cocktails, live music, and a silent auction featuring products and services from Detroit-area organizations.
Sponsors committed before July 31, 2015 will be included on the Ladder 12 invitations, which are mailed to more than 4,000 DAM supporters and e-mailed to 3,000 addresses. All sponsors will receive tickets and have logo recognition at the event. Thank you for your consideration of this request. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact me or Dalia Reyes at 313-832-8540.
Posted on June 11, 2015 at 6:39
WE THE VEHICLES: A TRIBUTE TO DETROIT BICYCLE CULTURE
July 31 – August 28, 2015
CALL FOR ENTRY
The Detroit Artists Market has partnered with Back Alley Bikes to present, We The Vehicles: A Tribute to Detroit Bicycle Culture, an exhibition that pays tribute to Detroit’s flourishing bicycle culture. This open call exhibition is a great opportunity for new and existing artist members, many of whom will be showing at DAM for the first time. Artists are encouraged to give varying interpretations of cycling in Detroit through 2-D and 3-D works. As a fun option, DAM will provide a bin of bike parts at the gallery, and we invite you to choose components to use in your unique creations. Retail price for each object must not exceed $500, and DAM will cap the amount of entries due to gallery space restrictions. A current DAM Artist Membership is required to participate. So what are you waiting for? Get the wheels turning and start cranking on your masterpiece!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• JUNE 16 - JULY 11 – BIKE PARTS AVAILABLE TO DAM ARTISTS AT DAM
• JULY 14 – ARTIST REPLY CARD DUE TO DAM
• JULY 21-25 – FINISHED ARTWORK DELIVERED TO DAM
• JULY 31 – EXHIBITION OPENS AT 6PM
• AUGUST 28 – CLOSING RECEPTION
NOTES & INSTRUCTIONS:
• COMPLETE AND RETURN ARTIST REPLY CARD BY JULY 14 TO ENSURE YOUR PLACE IN THE EXHIBITION
• DELIVER YOUR PIECE READY-TO-HANG OR DISPLAY TO DAM – JULY 21-25
• GALLERY HOURS ARE TUESDAY-SATURDAY 11AM-6PM
• EACH PIECE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A COMPLETED LABEL/CONSIGNMENT FORM
• ARTWORKS RECEIVED AFTER JULY 25 MAY NOT BE INCLUDED
• LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER ARTIST
Posted on May 26, 2015 at 11:34